Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Finally, here are the pictures I promised....



A beautiful combination, I think. More muted than it appears in the picture, and in a thick-and-thin yarn that I'm thinking I need to try some time.

Here's the other...



This one gave me fits. I hand-painted it twice, still had white spots. I overdyed it in a pot, still had almost white spots, and finally a final overdye of pink took care of it. It looks rather lovely, if I do say so myself.

I've been spinning some merino that I dyed a lovely purple. It was just a small sample that I got from that class I took a few weeks ago, but wow, does a little go a long way. And it feels like a kitten. A little purple kitten. I don't know which I like better, looking at the soft purple cloud in the bag with my spindle, or feeling it run through my fingers. It's definitely different to spin than the Chocolate Fleecewood I've been playing with, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. I'm also getting spoiled. I think I'd better stay away from the tussah silk-merino blend in my stash, or I may never sleep again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home