Thursday, July 22, 2004

Blah. I'm quite frustrated with spinning right now. I want so badly to be good at it, and my progress seems to be so much slower than I would like. I see my friends spinning these delicate strands, and I'm still lucky if I can get a teensy, weensy ball of rough singles. Still, I haven't had as much practice as I would like, and I know I've gotten better. I stopped spinning the free stuff Joan gave me that was leftover from her Spinning 101 class, and I just opened a bag of something called Chocolate Fleecewood. If it's chocolate, maybe it will bounce me out of this slump, as well as feel much nicer to spin. Once I get good at this, I have a wee ball of a tussah silk-merino blend that my new friend and fellow fiber queen, Roxy, gave me, and that I hand-dyed myself. I can't wait, and it's definitely an incentive to get better, as is the gorgeous wrap I have dreamed up in my head.

And speaking of hand-dyed, I'll post a picture tomorrow, of the first batch of yarn I completed after taking that dyeing class last Saturday. I'm so pleased with it, it's almost a shame to sell it. Still, every little bit helps buy our new house!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home